Friday, July 12, 2013

Miss Me Not Review

Author: Tiffany King
Title: Miss Me Not
Published: 11/23/2012
Good Reads-
Miss Me Not is a beautiful story of self-discovery, forgiveness, caring, and love. 

Madison Hanson's past demons have given her a shadow of an existence with little hope. With the sudden tragic death of a fellow student, Madison questions her own life choices, and is now forced to evaluate everything she thought she believed in. When fate intervenes and partners her with Dean Jackson, a popular "all around good guy" from school, Madison gets a glimpse of a life that is filled with sunshine that has the power to break through the darkness she has cloaked herself in. 
With Dean's help, Madison discovers a desire to finally step out of the shadows, and embrace life and all its gifts.

Review:
I keep opening up a word doc and writing the “Miss Me Not Review” up top, but I never actually get any words down. Which is pretty weird because I have lots of words for this book, I guess I just don’t know where to start. So um, yeah, see this is why I’m debating to write a review on this book. Whatever, I love this cover for sure though. I feel like I loved the cover so much I wanted to read the book, even though the book isn’t really my type and it kinda was exactly what I’d expect because it’s so cliché. But I mean look at this cover isn’t it gorgeous? It’s so gorgeous I love it.

So yeah this book is a total cliché, it’s like that depressed misunderstood girl who somehow happens upon highschool super star quarter back and they fall happily in love. See told you it wasn’t my type of book, but it was an okay book I guess for the people that like that stuff. The whole time though I was screaming in my head “DON’T FORGET JAMES!!!” but you know self-centered main characters. That made me really upset, that fact that Madison just totally and completely forgot her only friend for the last four years was alive as she was off in lovey dovey land with Dean.

What basically happens is Madison’s parents sucked, and she’s an only child, so her whole life she spent trying to earn their attention. But everything she did ended up with them pushing her farther away, until one night things went over the top and came crashing down. Her father left and her mother made a deal with her, if she was going to act like an adult, she’d be treated like one. And then her sucky mother went to an even worse level of sucky person that lives in the same house. A few days before she decides she’s going to kill herself, Dean Jackson (super-hot, smart, perfect the full nine yards) strolls into her life and flips it upside down.

Like I said, cliché of clichés, I’m really still mad about the James thing, how dare you just leave your closest thing to a friend behind and not even have him cross your mind? Even when you know he’s suffering a heck of a lot more than you are? So that was a piss off, I mean jerk wad Madison.

Overall this really really isn’t my type of book, I mean it was nice, but it was so predictable. I don’t like predictable, it’s boring. Miss Me Not scores a 3, for me. But seriously I LOVE this cover!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment