Monday, July 1, 2013

12 2012 Favorites #7

Born Wicked, I freaking loved this book. I will admit, it took a bit of time for me to get really into it, but it's such a good book. I'm one of those weird people who are obsessed with witches, the Salem Trials. All that wonderful happy stuff. I know a lot of people hate it, but I freaking love it. Like loooooooooove it. This book has a little romance in it, it's old fashioned, I forget if they mention what year it is. They have a governess in the book it's got to be mid 1800 early 1900. It's got some adventure, a lot of it is tense, a little mystery. Some sad moments. It's such an amazing book that as soon as I finished it I was on the hunt for something that could compare. (Didn't find it though...)

Born Wicked follows Cate and her two younger siblings as they try to hide their powers from their town. Only without being seen as outcasts, trying to manage to fit into society. Their father is sorta absent in their lives, and their mother died years before. There's also your romance, while Cate was planning on accepting a proposal from her long time friend, yet at the same time something is spurring up with a totally unlikely character. My favorite thing about this book is it's not just Cate and her sisters struggling, there's about a town full of witches yet no one knows about it. It's increasingly interesting. I'm kinda blanking out on all the little details, so yeah. This book is super awesome. If you like historical fiction, witchcraft, romance, mystery, and even a little humor, this is definitely your cup of tea. 



No comments:

Post a Comment