Wednesday, June 12, 2013

If I Should Die Review

Author: Amy Plum
Title: If I Should Die (Revenants Trilogy)
Published: 05/07/2013
Good Reads-
I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?

Review:

So I finished If I Should Die this morning, and now, however hours later it is, I’m getting that sadness you get when you know one of your favorites are gone. I looked forward to each new installment in the trilogy, and I was jumping (literally) up and down when I found out the Novella Die For Her was released without my knowing. Talk about pulling the wool over my eyes! And, well now it’s over and my adventures with Kate and the crew are done, and I’m sad. If you haven’t read it, it’s an amazing trilogy, please do give it your lovely time of day(or night.) Now if you’ve read up till If I Should Die, please continue on and click away to see my review if not, well then go do your reading. *cough*rose*cough*

My first reaction to this book was “THE HELL PLUM!?!?” I mean anyone else consider this cover hideous and levels that shouldn’t be legal? I hate it soooooo much, and it was really sad since both books and Die For Her had such pretty Frenchy covers. And this, this is just an abomination. Moving on, if you haven’t read Die For Her, I would strongly suggest you do so, because it gives you an insight on why Jules makes certain decisions he does in the book. Now, pertaining to those decisions, and Die For Her, I repeat “THE HELL PLUM!??!?!!” Jules didn’t have to fall for Kate, nothing came out of that but his hurting, and it made me very very sad. I much like Kate had, in the first two books, just took him for that flirt of a best friend. It didn’t need to go deeper, but it did, very very deep.  And that was sad and that sucks, because no one likes sad!

Now aside from my two reasons to want to chuck this book against the wall repeatedly, I love this so much it isn’t even fair. I love all the characters so freaking much. From Georgia, to Gaspard, I just love them all so freaking much. Everyone in this book(trilogy) are just amazing wonderful characters and either you’re laughing with them, or on the verge of tears for them. They’re all just the right amount of everything, you have your romance, (I mean we’re in Paris), your action, your mystery, your witty, rolling on the floor from laughter moments. It’s just a pool of amazing awesomeness and just thinking about it makes me giddy.

So super sad but this is the end, it’s the final book, and for a finale, it freaking rocked. I mean I’m still mad about the whole Jules thing, it’ll probably take me a bit to get over. But besides that, I think it was awesome. I mean it’s got the bad and the good of a finale, you know some people are gonna die, and you know some are gonna break up. Some are gonna get together, and others are gonna take on new roles. I think everything played out really really well. I kinda hated how it ended so quickly, and some things were a little predictable. Okay well some big things that people have been guessing form the first book. But it happens in the right time.

Overall, this trilogy was so freaking awesome. It’s just too amazing for me to handle in one review, and as depressing as it is to see it end, I’m glad how it ended. I’ll just keep wishing for a spin off on Jules, or Georgia (I love her so much!). If I Should Die scores a 4.5 for me! Love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment