Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Rise Review

Author: Anna Carey
Title: Rise (Eve Trilogy)
Published: 04/02/2013
Good Reads-
How far will you go when you have nothing left to lose?

When she lost her soul mate, Caleb, Eve felt like her world had ended. Trapped in the palace, forced to play the part of the happy, patriotic princess of The New America—and the blushing bride of her father's top adviser—Eve's whole life is a lie. The only thing that keeps her going is Caleb's memory, and the revolution he started.

Now, Eve is taking over where Caleb left off. With the help of Moss, an undercover subversive in the King's court, she plots to take down The New America, beginning with the capital, the City of Sand. Will Eve be able to bring about a new, free world when she's called upon to perform the ultimate act of rebellion—killing her father?

In Rise, Eve must choose who to leave behind, who to save, and who to fight as Anna Carey's epic tale of romance and sacrifice in the chilling dystopia of The New America comes to a stunning conclusion.


Review:
Okay so Rise is the final installment in the Eve Trilogy. So as we all know, I, let’s say it all together here! Suck at reviewing series/trilogies!! Yay!! Everyone in the world should know that! I’m awful at it because I just get all the things mixed up and sometimes I let things slip at totally spoils the entire book, series, whatever and people get upset. Like seriously not my fault I have a big mouth, I’m known for that. I’m a Gemini, we talk. A lot. In fact my family has titled me as the motor mouth of the family and continues to make jokes about it. At my funeral there will be several jokes about the fact that I never shut up. Actually the reason I started blogging was because no one cared about my thoughts towards the books I read. So if I wasn’t such a big mouth person, you random few people out there would have a tiny bit harder time finding books to read. I mean, no one is as brutally honest as I am! I’m a jerk! So yes, again, making this a click to continue, don’t hit that button unless you can handle what’s on the other side.

I know half of you clicked the read more even though you aren’t up to the last book. I know you’re just curious as to see what’s so special, go back and read the first two darn books like everyone else and you’ll find out! Now for those of you who are on track, I have something to admit. I don’t like this trilogy at all. I think it’s dumb and lifeless. Like it’s sooooooo boring and drags on and I never wanted to read it from the start. Rose made me read this book, Ashes, Ashes and it sucked as well. I totally hated it and I try never to think back to that. But Rose on the other hand, as we all can tell she has some iffy taste in books. Not the best, no not at all. Well she freaking loved it. Head over heels, would NOT stop talking about it. Now as a good book obsessed friend I am, I try to find all my friends great reads. When I saw Eve I totally knew it screamed Rose’s name. So I made her read it and apparently it was a wonder book of the gods.  Well she lied it sucks. So dumb and stupid and boring. Then Once was out, and I forced myself to read it just to be a good friend. I don’t even remember that book, all I know is it was just as dry. Now, here we are, three books later and I made myself finish the whole trilogy. It never got better. Like this whole time I’ve been waiting to start to care if the characters live, or if an explosion blows them all to bits. I never cared.

So on to Rise, this book was probably my favorite out of all three, why you ask. Well first off because it’s the last and I’m finally done with this. WOOHOO! Next off, it was actually probably the most interesting of all three, and I really really really loved how Carey ended the trilogy. It’s one of the best finales I’ve ever read, and if I was seriously into this book like I’m sure millions are, I would be so happy with the ending. It’s a great ending and I like how Carey played it out. It’s the type of book you can finish and not want to crawl in a hole and hide there the rest of your life crying. It’s a nice, sweet ending and I think that really made the whole trilogy worth the read.  Moving on to how this is a weird last book, it’s nothing like I expected. It actually is basically if you smush the first and second books together the output would be the third. It doesn’t feel like the last one, which is good and bad I guess. 

The characters are there, I mean I never connected with any and I again, don’t care if they all died and a baby became the ruler of the City. Nothing would really change the way I feel about this trilogy. It just is. I actually think that’s all I have to say. This book is a really good ending, doesn’t feel like an ending but it’s a good one.  I’m giving it five stars cause if not I’m sure I’ll never hear the end of it from Rose. I’m probably gonna get an earful for trashing the trilogy as I did. Well who cares this is my blog. OH! Important!!! If you’re one of those people who like to skip ahead a little and see some surprises, do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOOOOT read the last page if you don’t want it to ruin the end for you. You’re gonna seriously hate yourself if you read the last page because it will ruin the rest of the book.

Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment