Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Apollyon Review

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Title: Apollyon (Covenant Series)
Published: 04/04/2013
Good Reads-
Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.


Review:



I’m having so many mixed emotions right now because of this book. One little book, turned my whole day upside down and now I don’t know how to fix it. I’m totally stressed from all the assignments I should be doing, the stupid preset thingy on the blog that’s supposed to automatically post things on time isn’t freaking working. Which is a giant pain because I was relying on that for like, the rest of my life. And now, here I am flipped upside down because I could’ve sworn there were 39 chapters instead of 37 and I literally finished the book without realizing it. It was like, when the cartoon character keeps walking off the hill, looks down and sees they’re in midair, and then falls. Which was actually has a name because someone thought that actually happened but Galileo proved them wrong, and if I would’ve paid attention in Physics yesterday instead of thinking about this book I would know.  So yeah people out there reading Apollyon, there are only 37 chapters. Three, seven, not three nine. Big mistake on my part. And as always, this is a series which I suck at reviewing, so yeah if you haven’t read up to Apollyon, which you should go freaking do, don’t read the review unless you like spoilers. I know, sometimes, yes I do look around for some spoilers because some things I just can’t take finding out halfway through.  Now again, no clickly clicky on the read more if you don’t want to ruin your Covenant experience.

Now for you that have clicky clickied, welcome to the wonderful world of how I feel about this book. I mean I’m kinda ticked off it ended like it did, because it ended in a nice way, and it was a cliff hanger, but it wasn’t a killer one. And I can’t really be mad at the way it ended. SO my life sucks. I like being mad instead of eager, eagerness is dumb. Now, moving on, let’s start with characters. We’ve got Seth, who we don’t really see too much of in Apollyon¸ I mean he’s a super important character, there’s a lot of mention of him, but he isn’t really there at all. A lot of the returning importants like Marcus, Apollo, Aiden, Alex(duh), we get an appearance from Alex’s mom, and Caleb. And then the lovely not so much importants like Olivia, Lea, Laadan, Solos, and my oh so favorites Luke and Deacon. Looove them!!

I wanna try and sorta summarize what happened in the book but that totally ruins it for you people who haven’t gotten pass like the 5th chapter. So here’s a little sorta recap of what the characters are dealing with, Alex has her connection with Seth that drives everyone, especially Aiden crazy. A war is pretty much starting to brew and all the gods are like crazy pants. You’ve got your battle scenes, a lot of butt kicking action, romance as always between your favorites little couples, and a lot of what I’d say are plot twists. Apollyon really builds up the anticipation for Sentinel coming out in December. Everything begins to fall into place, and sets us up knowing in Sentinel a lot of big things are gonna happen. What I hated the most about this book the whole time everyone was all “we know we’re gonna die” mood. Like yes, some people do die in this book, but I mean we all expected it because everyone was walking around saying that they’re gonna die!

Overall I give Apollyon a 5, I really really really really really really really really really hope that Sentinel doesn’t go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment