Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Severed Review

Author: Sarah Alderson
Title: Severed (Fated Trilogy)
Published: 11/28/2012
Good Reads-
Fate brought them together.
Now it’s threatening to tear them apart.

As the last in a long line of demon slayers, Evie’s destiny is to end the war that has raged for centuries between humans and demons.

Lucas, the half-Shadow Warrior half-human who was sent to kill her, has betrayed his own Brotherhood and his family to fight alongside her.

With an army of unhumans on their tail, Evie and Lucas are forced into an uneasy alliance with a group of rogue Hunters who offer protection and the promise of answers.

As the past is untangled and the dark history of the Hunters revealed, Evie discovers that severing the realms is going to require a lot more than just fighting. It’s going to require a sacrifice – one that only she can make.

…More than realms will be severed.

Review:


I have a lot of adjectives for this book. It made me really really upset for a while and even though the final installment in the trilogy will be out in a few days, I don’t know if I want to read it. You see this is one of those books where you think everything is going downhill for the characters, but then at the last moment it might not be, but then something replaces it and it’s totally way worse. Now for obvious reasons, if you haven’t read Fated just totally ignore this review because there is no way I can review this book without ruining Fated for you.  So this is the part where it’s getting ruined and I’m making this a click to finish reading it just to give you warnings. 

I don’t know if I like this book or not because how it ended completely and totally ruined it for me. It made zero sense because it was just awful and I really really hated it. I’m not even sure if it was supposed to be a cliff hanger omg moment, or an “I’m throwing my nook across the room because Sarah Alderson did so many people wrong by writing this and it’s not even funny and I never expected this to happen how on earth did this happen.” So pretty much my view on Severed really just is completely blinded by that ending, and it’s like whatever I liked about it before I can’t even focus on because of that sucktastic ending! But I’ll try to find the good in the book, because it really was a good book. Up until the last page that is.

My favorite thing, like so many other times is the characters. Evie isn’t my favorite gal, Lucas has his faults, but being introduced to so many new characters like Cyrus(Love him!), Flic, and all the others. They really do make the story what it is and bring something each their own to the table. So you gotta love it. The action is just as cool but a little more intense than in Fated. A bit of romance between Lucas and Evie but seriously who didn’t see that one coming? A giant shocker killer ending… not going there.

Overall the book was entertain and that’s what books are supposed to be. It was great and had everything I’ve come to expect from Alderson in her series of amazing books that I continue to read and love. I will admit nothing compares to the Lila books, but you take what you can get. Beggers can’t be choosers right? Severed scores a solid 3 for me. That ending really sucked.



No comments:

Post a Comment