Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Nobody Review

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Title: Nobody
Published: 01/22/2013
Good Reads-
There are people in this world who are Nobody. No one sees them. No one notices them. They live their lives under the radar, forgotten as soon as you turn away. 

That’s why they make the perfect assassins.


The Institute finds these people when they’re young and takes them away for training. But an untrained Nobody is a threat to their organization. And threats must be eliminated.


Sixteen-year-old Claire has been invisible her whole life, missed by the Institute’s monitoring. But now they've ID’ed her and send seventeen-year-old Nix to remove her. Yet the moment he lays eyes on her, he can’t make the hit. It’s as if Claire and Nix are the only people in the world for each other. And they are—because no one else ever notices them.


Review:

I really want to say I like this book. I really really really do. I mean it’s not bad, but it’s not amazing. And it didn't kill me to read, but still it wasn't the most enjoyable time of my life. Or my reading life for that matter. I mean the characters are likable  the story is original, there’s some mystery, romance, action, drama... not really,  it’s got a lot going for it, it just no.  I mean it was good, but it was mundane, it was almost, it was barely. It didn't have that wow factor or that story that sucked you in that was constantly on your mind and you had, like had to go read. I’m a book nerd, I’m constantly reading something for school, for fun, because I'm bored out of my mind, I’m even currently reading two books. Never  have been able to fall asleep reading something, and I read this book before bed just so I’d fall asleep. It’s not to the point of falling asleep reading, it just blanked my mind out so much I feel asleep from boredom. And that’s really mean, but it’s the truths. So here's what happens.

Claire spends her whole life in the shadows trying to get noticed, no one remembers her, no one cares about her. Even her parents are on vacation who knows where not even bothering to answer her calls. She decides that this summer she’s going to become something more than a fading memory and is insistent on making something out of her 15th summer. Just a side note here, there characters are young, Claire’s only 15, and I can’t say they’re your uber mature and intelligent characters. They’re pretty basic.

Nix has grown up inside the Society falling through with whatever orders he’s been giving. He’s a Nobody which means he’s incapable to leave an imprint on Normals, no way to affect their emotions, he’s barely even noticed. Making him the perfect assassin, and the Society isn't shy to use it. He’s sent to kill Claire and that’s where things get fuzzy.

As you can put together here, yeah Claire is a Nobody too, and woohoo magic sparks. This book isn't your typical vamp book, or the common dystopia novel. But it doesn't exactly stand out either. I felt like the book had the powers of the Nobodies and couldn't make a lasting effect on me. I didn't really enjoy it, I didn't hate it either, it just is. Nobody as sad as I am to say, scores a 2 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment