Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Under the Never Sky Review

Author: Veronica Rossi
Title: Under the Never Sky
Published: 02/07/2012 Good Reads-
WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.

DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.


Review:

Okay so I like this book, but it wasn’t what I was expecting and I don’t love it. See I’ve got this thing going on where I’ll be interested in a book, but something will kill it for me and I lose interest. One way or another I end up reading the book and it becomes one of my all-time favorites. It’s happened to me a lot, and as I’ve been putting off Under the Never Sky, when I finally started reading it I was praying it was one of those books. It wasn’t exactly an amazing head over heels fall in love with this book, but it was pretty entertaining and I’d keep reading the trilogy. So here’s the DL on Under the Never Sky.

In the safety of the Pods live a world of Realms, where anything can happen and it’s Better than Reality. Aria grew up with her mother there and it’s a home she has never complained or questioned, although when her mother is relocated due to work and Aria can’t reach her she starts to question things. The best way to get answers is Soren, a boy her age who also happens to be one of the Head Consuls son, however things go horribly wrong and she ends up in the once place she could never have imagined. On the Outside.

Living on the Outside his whole live, Perry grew up around the Marked. Who are like kinda magic, they have enhanced sense Auds can hear from miles and miles, Seers can see amazingly well, and Scires have a sense of smell so strong they can sense other people’s emotions. Kinda how dogs and bees can smell fear I’m assuming. Perry’s always been an outcast in his world, he’s got two Marks instead of the usual one. He grew up feeling as if he’s a curse, constantly disagreeing with his brother’s actions, (his brother Vale is a Blood Lord, basically the tribe leader.) The only thing keeping him from leaving is his seven year old nephew Talon. That is until the unthinkable happens and Talon is taken by the Dwellers (a.k.a. Aria’s old people).

When they’re forced to help each other in attempts to get back the one person each of them care about, Aria’s mom, and Perry’s nephew, they embark on a journey they won’t ever forget. So you can pretty much imagine how weird things are at first and the fact that they both hate each other’s kind and they’re total opposites and what not, but thankfully it doesn’t take long till they warm up to each other.

So, there’s a lot of action in this book and I really like that, it’s super exciting and gets your adrenaline pumping in anticipation. The characters are pretty cool too, I mean Aria holds up rather well in her predicament and Perry I could say the same for. I think the best is Roar because he’s super funny and keeps everything light hearted. Overall I give Under the Never Sky 4.5, and I can’t wait to start reading the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment